Skip to main content


Driver License/non-Driver Identification Documents

MV-44 Application for Permit, Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card

Use to apply for a learner permit, driver license or non-driver ID. Also use to renew your license or non-driver ID.

Complete list of required documents needed in order to apply.

MV-44NYR Certification of Residence

Used with an application for an enhanced driver license (EDL), enhanced learner permit or enhanced non-driver photo ID card (ENDID).

MV-45 Statement of Identity by Parent/Guardian

Completed by parent of child under age 21 to provide 4 points of proof of ID for child applying for permit/license, registration/title.

The form MV-45 can also be used to provide 1 proof of residence for a child who applies for an enhanced document.

This form MUST be signed in the presence of a DMV representative.

DO NOT sign this form before bringing it to an Auto Bureau.

Applicant must also provide birth certificate or other acceptable proof of date of birth. See Identification Requirements.

MV-619 Vision Test Report

Completed by authorized vision test provider to certify a driver meets basic DMV vision standard (otherwise, use form MV-80L).

May be used instead of taking vision test at a DMV office so a license can be renewed online or by mail.

MV-232 Address Change

Use to send a change of address for your regular or enhanced driver license, non-driver photo ID card and vehicle registrations.

You can also order a new document with your new address.

MV-664.1 Application for Parking Permit or License Plates for People with Disabilities

Use to apply for license plates or a parking permit for people with severe disabilities.

Vehicle Registration/License Plate Transfers Documents

INSTRUCTIONS- How to Register a Vehicle or Transfer a Registration

MV-82 Vehicle Registration/Title Application

Use to register vehicles, renew vehicle registration, amend or request duplicate vehicle registration. See Identification Requirements before downloading the form. Be sure to also download form MV-82.1.

Help keep $1.5M in Erie County when you Renew Local. Learn more at

MV-82.1 Instructions for Vehicle Registration/Title Application

Instructions for MV-82, Vehicle Registration/Title Application.

MV-82B Boat Registration/Title Application

Use to register boat, renew boat registration, amend or request duplicate boat registration. See Identification Requirements before downloading the form. Be sure to also download form MV-82.1B.

MV-82.1B Registering/Titling a Boat in New York-Instructions

Instructions for Registering/Titling a Boat

DTF-802 Statement of Transaction – Sale or Gift of Motor Vehicle, Trailer, All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV), Vessel (Boat), or Snowmobile

Use this form to certify sale price for sales tax calculation when vehicle, vessel, etc. is transferred in a casual sale or as a gift.

DTF-803 Claim for Sales and Use Tax Exemption – Title/Registration Motor Vehicle, Trailer, All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV), Vessel (Boat), or Snowmobile

Use when you are claiming exemption from sales tax for any reason other than a gift (then use DTF-802) or credit for taxes paid to other states then use DTF-804).

DTF-804 Statement of Transaction – Claim for Credit of Sales Tax Paid to Another State For Motor Vehicle, Trailer, All Terrain Vehicle (ATV), Vessel (Boat), or Snowmobile

Used when a New York resident purchases a vehicle out-of-state, registers the vehicle in New York State and applies for credit for the sales tax paid in the other state.

MV-902 Duplicate Title Application

Use this form to request a duplicate (replacement) vehicle title by mail. The duplicate title fee is $20. When using this form to request a duplicate title by mail, you must include a photocopy of your identification.

Clerk Plates Request Form for Erie County Clerk Issued License Plates

License Plates with prefixes EC, ER, B, BF, BL, BU, CE, and E are available on o first come/first serve basis and are the same cost as a typical license plate which is $28.75. The “Clerk Plates” are available for passenger vehicles only and not obtainable for commercial vehicles, motorcycles or trailers. Please follow instructions on form on how to submit your request.

License Plate Surrender Documents

PD-7 Plate Surrender Application

Use to surrender NYS license plates by mail to your local Erie County Auto Bureau.

Learn how to surrender your plates during suspended operations. Click here

If you do not find the document you are looking for above Click Here for a complete list of NYS DMV Forms.