The Erie County Sheriff's Office does not perform fingerprinting for pistol permits. To schedule a fingerprint appointment for Erie County Pistol Permit applications, please visit www.indentogo.com.
Erie County Sheriff’s Office offers fingerprinting and Criminal History Local Background checks at the Identification Bureau on the 1st floor of 134 West Eagle Street. Please note that for Criminal History Background checks, requests must be notarized and presented IN PERSON and that only forms properly filled out will be accepted.
Each fingerprint card costs $25, payable in cash or money order only.
- Each card takes approximately 20 minutes.
- The applicant may supply cards, or standard cards are available at the Identification Unit.
A Criminal History Record Information check costs $25; $1 for each additional copy provided, payable in cash or money order only.
- Government-issued picture identification must be presented at time of request and receipt of documents.
- Accepted forms of ID are:
- Driver’s License
- Non-Driver ID
- United States Military ID (Active, Reserve, or Retired)
- United States Passport accompanied with a utility bill (electric, gas, telephone, cell phone)
- U.S. Passport Card with a utility bill
- Current NYS Pistol Permit Card (paper card is not acceptable)
Click for a printable form you can fill out before your appointment.
Appointments are required! Please call 716.858.6566 for complete information.
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8:00-4:00 p.m. (No holidays or weekends)
Forms of Payment (ONLY the following payment forms are accepted)
- United States Postal Service money order
- Cashier/Bank check
***No personal checks, Debit or Credit cards can be accepted