The Niagara Erie Regional Coalition is a partnership between government, private, and non-profit agencies committed to thinking and acting regionally for the betterment of Erie and Niagara Counties. The Regional Coalition is a non-hierarchical collaborative network.
The Niagara Erie Regional Coalition is a non-traditional regional collaborative forum for linking multiple organizations and initiatives, and also serves as a catalyst to identify and pursue opportunities to grow the region.
The Regional Coalition’s Positive Core
- Non-traditional regional collaborative model of civic engagement
- Broad range of participants in a collaborative environment leading to diversity (of geography and interests)
- Demonstrated success in diverse models of engagements with specific projects
- Finding members to meet emerging issues
- A forum for addressing future issues
- Our ability to play multiple roles as a clearinghouse, advocate, forum, coordinator, incubator, project manager, implementer, catalyst, supporter, and advisor
The Regional Coalition concentrates its efforts in the areas of economic development, government affairs, tourism and culture, and transportation.
Within the aforementioned topic areas, we act as a venue for discussing and/or acting on a wide range of projects and policies initiated by member agencies or others, and we also initiate projects and policies ourselves. We play multiple roles as a clearinghouse, advocate, forum, coordinator, incubator, project manager, implementer, catalyst, supporter, and advisor.
The Regional Coalition is the successor to the Erie-Niagara Regional Partnership (ENRP). Formed in 1998, ENRP was an ad hoc subcommittee of the Niagara and Erie County Legislatures in partnership with multiple levels of government and other private and non-profit agencies.
- Amherst Industrial Development Agency
- Buffalo Niagara Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Buffalo Niagara Enterprise
- Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (ad hoc)
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership
- Canisius College Women’s Business Center (ad hoc)
- Empire State Development
- Erie County
- Erie County Association of Local Governments
- Erie County Industrial Development Agency
- Erie County Legislature
- Greater Buffalo Cultural Alliance
- Greater Buffalo-Niagara Regional Transportation Council
- Niagara County
- Niagara County Center for Economic Development
- Niagara County Legislature
- Niagara County Supervisors Association
- City of Niagara Falls
- Niagara Frontier Transportation Agency
- Niagara Tourism & Convention Corporation
- Niagara University Hospitality Training & Research Center